- From the expansive plain of the Iberian Peninsula in Central Spain, La Mancha, the home of
legendary Don Quixote, is a region of romance and history. It’s also the birthplace of some of
the finest cheeses in Europe. Solera® Spanish Cheeses, produced by one of the most respected
cheesemakers of the area, have captured the personality of this remarkable region. Andanzasú
(Spanish Adventure), authentic, complex, and ‘extra special’ Manchego D.O. cheese, and a blended (3) milk IBERICO (Spain’s most popular table cheese) made from 50% sheep, 30% goat, and 20% cow's milk, are made according to time honored traditions in Alcazar de San Juan — the heart of La Mancha. In addition, Solera® also offers its Winey Goat®, a semi-firm red wine-bathed goat's milk cheese, and Rosey Goat®, a semi-firm goat's milk cheese covered in fragrant rosemary. Newest in the Solera product line are the 3-month and 6-month aged Mahon cheese.
- Solera® is solely committed to bringing you the highest quality, most authentic regional cheese specialties from Spain, supported by tested, consumer focused, sales building programs to secure the increasing consumer awareness and appreciation of authentic Spanish cheeses.
- Iberico by Solera® Cheese
- Iberico, a blended milk cheese, melts beautifully.
- Substitute our Iberico cheese for your regular cheese in your favorite recipes for a new taste experience.
- • Shredded in omelets
• Shredded or cubed in salads
• Tossed with pasta or in rice dishes
• Sliced in sandwiches (plain or grilled)
• With bread or crackers as a snack
• For an authentic Spanish treat, spread a small amount of fruit spread, marmalade, or tart jam on the cheese. Savor the contrast of the buttery rich cheese, softened by the refreshing semi-sweetness of the fruit spread. This is perfect for an appetizer or a dessert.
- Serve with light/medium red wines (Beaujolais or Pinot Noir) or a spicy white wine like Sauvignon Blanc
- Rosey Goat® Recipes
- Grilled Tapas Sandwiches
¹ cup butter softened
4 slices ham (medium thickness)
Rosey Goat® Cheese (sliced about 1/8" thick) enough cover the ham
8 slices bread (wheat, rye, sourdough or your favorite)
Make sandwiches by placing 1 slice of ham and Rosey Goat® slices to cover one slice of bread. Top with remaining slice of bread.
Using a large skillet on medium heat — spread some of the butter on top of each sandwich and place butter side down in skillet. Spread the remaining butter on the top side. Cook until golden brown on each side (about 2 minutes per side). Cut into quarters for your grilled Tapas sandwich.
Number of servings: 4
- Mac & Rosey
- 1 ¾ cup (dry) elbow, mini ziti, or your favorite macaroni
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup skim milk
1 ½ cups shredded Rosey Goat® cheese (rind and rosemary removed)
¼ cup chopped scallions (optional)
Cook macaroni per package directions — drain and set aside
Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat: add flour and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly with a wire whisk. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil and cook for 1 minute — stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add shredded Rosey Goat® cheese. Mix well, then pour over drained macaroni. Transfer mixture to a casserole dish, add chopped scallions if desired, then bake in 400 degree oven for 15 minutes until very lighted browned and bubbly. Garnish with sprigs of rosemary if desired.
Number of servings: 6
- Winey Goat® Recipe
- Winey Goat® Party Starters
- ½ lb of Winey Goat® Cheese, shredded Thinly sliced (1/2”) baguette (about 2” sq.), 20 pieces
Thinly sliced Italian dry salami (20 slices)
Garnish (chopped parsley)
- Cooking Instructions:
- Lightly brush each slice of bread with olive oil Place under broiler until lightly toasted (about 20 sec.) Place 1 slice of salami on top & cover with shredded Winey Goat® Cheese Bake at 300° F. until cheese is melted (about 2 min.) Top with chopped parsley.
- Use Winey Goat® Cheese in place of your regular cheese to add excitement and new adventure to your favorite dishes.
- Andanzas™ Manchego D.O. Cheese Usage Suggestions Andanzas™
- Manchego is an ideal table cheese. Use our Andanzas™ Manchego cheese in the following ways to create new menu excitement.
- Thinly sliced for cheese plates and for snacking (your tapas tray centerpiece)
- • Shredded in salads
- • Shredded over grilled vegetables
- • Sliced in sandwiches (plain or grilled)
- • Grated (6 month) over pasta or rice dishes • For an authentic Spanish treat, spread a small amount of fruit spread, marmalade, or tart jam on the cheese. Savor the contrast of the buttery rich cheese, softened by the refreshing semi-sweetness of the fruit spread. This is perfect for an appetizer or a dessert.
- Serve with full-bodied red wines (Cabernet or Merlot) or a spicy white wine like Sauvignon Blanc