- From the expansive plain of the Iberian Peninsula in Central Spain, La Mancha, the home of
legendary Don Quixote, is a region of romance and history. It’s also the birthplace of some of
the finest cheeses in Europe. Solera® Spanish Cheeses, produced by one of the most respected
cheesemakers of the area, have captured the personality of this remarkable region. Andanzasú
(Spanish Adventure), authentic, complex, and ‘extra special’ Manchego D.O. cheese, and a blended (3) milk IBERICO (Spain’s most popular table cheese) made from 50% sheep, 30% goat, and 20% cow's milk, are made according to time honored traditions in Alcazar de San Juan — the heart of La Mancha. In addition, Solera® also offers its Winey Goat®, a semi-firm red wine-bathed goat's milk cheese, and Rosey Goat®, a semi-firm goat's milk cheese covered in fragrant rosemary. Newest in the Solera product line are the 3-month and 6-month aged Mahon cheese.
- Solera® is solely committed to bringing you the highest quality, most authentic regional cheese specialties from Spain, supported by tested, consumer focused, sales building programs to secure the increasing consumer awareness and appreciation of authentic Spanish cheeses.
- Running of the Bulls
- Consider this... Running down a narrow street (with little escape) for ¸ mile in front of a pack of sharp horned, snorting, charging, 2,000 lb. bulls intent on stopping for nothing.
- Crazy? Insane? — Well, it depends on your perspective and the quantity of Spanish “vino” the participants have consumed (and, of course, their desire for adventure and bragging rights for emerging unscathed and ungored).
- This tradition of San Fermin dates back approximately 400 years and is steeped in the culture of Northern Spain. The festival atmosphere, the food, the music, the dancing, the fellowship, and the Running of the Bulls all serve to bring people together for Spain’s summer “Mardi Gras style” event.
- Please see below for some independent links about the Running of the Bulls.
(Specialities, Inc. and Solera¨ are not associated or affiliated with these links — or the content contained therein — in any way whatsoever).